St John's school colours are red, grey and white. Parents choose from the following items;
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or pinafore dress
- A red sweatshirt or cardigan (having the St John's logo on these items is optional)
- A white polo shirt, blouse or shirt (no logo required)
- Grey, red or black tights or socks
- Black or grey flat sensible shoes or boots that are fastened securely on the foot
- In summer months, a red gingham dress or gingham skirt with a white polo shirt are acceptable
- In summer months, sandals are acceptable but must be fastened securely on the foot
The following items are not acceptable items of school uniform
- Trainers (apart from on PE days)
- Croc style shoes or flip flops
PE and swimming
At St John's, children wear PE kit all day on PE days. Parents can choose from the following items
- Black shorts or leggings or tracksuit bottoms
- A red t shirt or white polo shirt
- Grey, red or black socks
- A red sweatshirt or cardigan
When children go swimming they will require;
- A swimming costume or trunks / shorts
- A towel
Bags and Coats
- Children should bring a weather appropriate coat to school every day. In winter months they should bring a hat and gloves. In summer months they should bring a sun hat.
- Children at St John's are provided with a school book bag as a gift from the Friends of St John's. They do not require any other bag for school.
Jewellery and Hair Styles
- Children may wear stud or sleeper earrings in ears but we reserve the right to ask that no jewellery is worn on PE days. If children arrive to school with earrings on PE day they will be asked to either remove them or place a plaster over them.
- Children may wear a watch, but this will need to be removed for PE.
- We do not allow any smart watches in school.
At St John's, children may wear non-uniform for the day on their birthday (or the day closest to their birthday if it falls at a weekend or in the holidays). Clothing still needs to be appropriate for school activities.
You can view our full Uniform policy here.
Our uniform supplier for logo items is Cosmic Monkey Schoolwear. We recommend using local supermarkets and shops for non-logo items, to achieve best value for money. As logo items are not compulsory, cardigans and sweatshirts could also be purchased from supermarkets or local shops.
We arrange second hand uniform sales in school and advertise these as and when they happen.