St John's First School is committed to the safeguarding of all its pupils and believes that safeguarding children is everyone's responsibility.
If you have any concerns about the safety of a child, you must report it to one of our Designated Safeguarding Leads or alternatively contact Somerset Direct on 0300 123 2224:
- Mrs Teresa Gilbert - Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs Nicole Simenton - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr Marcus Bowman - Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
To contact the Designated Safeguarding Leads, please contact the school office in the first instance.
To provide safety at our school:
- All staff members and Governors have had a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) or Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
- All volunteers at the school and visitors to the school who lead activities with the children are also CRB or DBS cleared.
- Every member of the school community has a role to play in keeping children safe and ensuring that any concerns are shared.
- Members of staff and Governors attend regular training in relation to the safeguarding of pupils.
- Volunteers and students are also informed of their responsibilities and the protocol to follow to safeguard pupils.
- A Safeguarding policy is reviewed annually and is available on the school website or can be requested from the school office.
- We have an allocated Safeguarding Governor, Mrs Kerry Smith.
You can view our safeguarding policies and procedures here.